KEYWORDS FOR SCIENCE QUESTIONS IN SECTION B
TYPES OF QUESTIONS
CLUES TO IDENTIFY / KEYWORDS THAT YOU MUST USE
a) Manipulated Variables (MV) /
What to Changed (WTC) /
b) Responding Variables (RV) /
What To Observed (WTO) /
What to Measured (WTM)
c) What To Kept Same (WTKS) /
Controlled Variable (CV) /
Fixed Variables (FV) /
Unchanged Variable (UV)
‘different’, ‘not same’, ‘change’
‘after’, ‘result’, ‘observed’ ‘same’
a) State two information….
b) State two important things that need to be recognized…..
c) State three information….
MV , RV.
MV, RV, WTKS
Observation / observing
based on what have we looked / observed form the picture / statement / table given in the question based on our 5 senses
-‘compared’ need to used if need
a) Inference / Reason / Why / Explain
b) Differences of inferences
Observation + because + logic reason
She crying because she was injured.
Because + logic reason*
Observation + because + logic reason, while / compare observation + because + logic reason
àAim / Purpose of Investigation / àObjective / Title of Experimen
To investigate the relationship between MV
Relationship / statement relating
- The more / less MV, the more/ less RV
- The (trend) + MV, the (trend) + RV
- If the MV increase / decrease, the RV become increase / decrease
If the MV increase / decrease, the RV become
increase / decrease
-When the MV increase / decrease, the RV increase / decrease
-If the MV increase / decrease, the RV become increase / decrease
-The (trend) + MV, the (trend) + RV
Trend of change
à increase / increasing = 2,3,4,6,8,9
à decrease/ decreasing = 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,
à constant / unchanged = 8,8,8,8,8,8
- ascending evently = 2,4,6,8,10
- ascending with unevently = 2,3,4,6,8,9,10
- descending evently = 5,4,3,2,1
- descending with unevently = 22,16,15, 11
- ascending and descending evently =
- ascending and descending unevently =
Estimate / Predict
- the answer à in number
- give your own idea / opinion
what will happen
- What do you understand about…?
- What can you say about…?
State the meaning of information or data given.
(MV + trend, RV + trend)